Our self-defence Teens workshop is taught through realistic scenario-based trainings and situational judgement tests adapted to the age group.
Krav Maga (Hebrew: קרב מגע,meaning”contact combat”) is really not a traditional or sport-based martial art, there are no competitions, no "kata" no rules, and no limits. It is a reality-based self-defence system designed with the primary goal of survival of any kind of assault regardless of age, the context and the timeline of the aggression.
From ages 11 through 14 a child develops in four main areas:
- Physical development,
- Cognitive development,
- Emotional and social development,
- Sensory and motor development,
Adolescence is a time of change throughout the body. More than ever, it is a key moment for them to learn the basics of personal safety and to build their confidence in decision making!
Personal safety and self-defence program:
- Learning the basics of personal safety,
- Building their own personal boundaries,
- How to identify potential risks,
- How to act when the risk is identified,
- Getting confident in decision making,
- Learning verbal and body language skills that can prevent an attack,
- How to protect from slaps, punches, kicks, shirt grabbing, neck grabbing, choking, attempts to throw to the ground and how to deal with the situation if thrown to the ground,
- Self-defence techniques to fight back,
- Teamwork behaviours facing a potential risk,
- How to report an incident and why it must be reported.
During this program, your child will be safely put into adrenaline mode and coached through mock, mildly threatening scenarios.
- August: 17th - 21st: 10:00am to noon.
- Total workshop: 10 hours.
- Limited spot: 12 People.
- 2 instructors: (one female boxing instructor and one male KM instructor)
Address: Krav Maga Calgary: #201 1438 17th Ave SW T2T 0C8
What does it takes to participate?
- Age required: 11 - 14 y/o,
- Serious commitment during the sessions,
- A participation to the 5 days training,
- Being on time to each training;
- Water bottle and snacks.
- Wear comfortable and clean athletic clothing and clean inside shoes.
- Filling up a registration form with health informations the first day you show up.
- Mandatory presence of one of the two parents to all sessions.
About Alberta health recommendations:
Just a reminder that we are allowed to have physical contact during our training sessions.
More informations can be find here:
Select Book your spot online and make your payment using any major credit card.
Select number of teen while buying:
Any questions before booking your spot?
Please call Krav Maga Calgary: 403 493-4886 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org